The Royal on the Waterfront

This is a relatively short post but I felt that mention had to be made of pizza at the Royal. Now I can only vouch for two flavours, but I have to say they do a really lovely job and it’s such a pretty spot for a slice of pizza and a beverage.

Served as either half slabs or full slabs they have a beautiful thin, crispy base and a decent amount of toppings. Their Margherita is simple, yet delicious with wonderfully sweet cherry tomatoes. The more adventurous Cajun Chicken was probably one of the best chicken pizzas I’ve had. I’ve never been hugely pro chook on pizza. Charred zucchini, roasted cashew, spinach, tomato sauce, mozzarella and lime yoghurt. Generous breast pieces though in a zesty lime aioli along with crunchy cashew pieces. It was a really nice combination.

44322_417515171667175_251346858_n

Something entirely delightful about enjoying pizza with friends along with a glass of chilled white wine looking out over Claisebrook Cove. And sure I may have felt slightly guilty while I watched a group of runners do a loop around the cove, but hey I can always run tomorrow – Cheers :)

582754_417514595000566_609759891_n

The Royal on the Waterfront on Urbanspoon

Tags: , , ,

Categories: Bar, Bistro, Family, Hotel, Modern Australian, Pizza, Pubs, Reviews

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

10 Comments on “The Royal on the Waterfront”

1. February 20, 2013 at 10:32 AM #

Wow how gorgeous are those Pizzas and what a lovely location that is. A must try :)

• February 20, 2013 at 10:33 AM #

They are pretty tasty and even on a balmy night there was a bit of breeze in the cove. Nice spot for a bite and a chat :)

• February 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM #

Yeah seems like a lovely location :) Perth is so beautiful isn’t it. We have some gorgeous locations.

• February 20, 2013 at 10:38 AM #

We are a spoilt bunch in the west :)

• February 20, 2013 at 10:40 AM #

yeah we are ;) I saw Burns Beach for the first time last weekend. I was taken aback by the beauty.

• February 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM #

I don’t know if I’ve ever actually seen Burns beach, but I do concur that the beaches here are very pretty :)

• February 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM #

You must drive down there once. It is a beauty.

2. February 21, 2013 at 4:55 PM #

Yuuuum! Your making me hungry :)

3. April 3, 2013 at 6:36 PM #

wow!! what a great combination,, i love this pizza the most tastiest perth pizza

4. I was reading some of your blog posts on this website and I believe this internet site is very instructive! Keep putting up.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

My own little blog

I'm Lawrence Thorogood and welcome to my blog. I hope you find this a good read and if you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment and I will get straight back to you.Thank you ever so much. If you want to contact me email me at ThorogoodLawrence@gmail.com or follow me on Twitter @ThorogoodL and like me on Facebook www.facebook.com/MrThorogood

Cashback Villa Blog

a simple blog about the BEST cashback on earth

random ponderings

reflections as I move out of my comfort zone

Cooking Up The Pantry

Feeding a hungry family!

thescrimpycook

Fabulous every day cooking for less

Dave's Journal

Following Jesus, Loving life, seeking to serve the mission of God

Fifty Shades Of Reality !

"If you are resolutely determined to make a lawyer of yourself, the thing is more than half done already" - Abraham Lincoln.

Gigi Sperinck

Art is not what you see... but what you make others see

The Mind of RD REVILO

Conscious Thought: Driven by Intelligent Awareness

~ L to the Aura ~

sustainability. compassion. inspiration.

Holy Moly Cashback

Shopping has never been this much fun

Cooking with a Wallflower

Cooking. Baking. Crafting. Writing.

bb lacasadicampagna

In campagna..il gusto .. la vita ci guadagna

NERDSTEAK

Food and Culture Shenanigans

Too Munch to Handle

Sharing my opinions on Perth dining

foodie cravings, a Perth food blog

Perth restaurant, cafe and bar reviews

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 234 other followers