The Royal on the Waterfront

This is a relatively short post but I felt that mention had to be made of pizza at the Royal. Now I can only vouch for two flavours, but I have to say they do a really lovely job and it’s such a pretty spot for a slice of pizza and a beverage.

Served as either half slabs or full slabs they have a beautiful thin, crispy base and a decent amount of toppings. Their Margherita is simple, yet delicious with wonderfully sweet cherry tomatoes. The more adventurous Cajun Chicken was probably one of the best chicken pizzas I’ve had. I’ve never been hugely pro chook on pizza. Charred zucchini, roasted cashew, spinach, tomato sauce, mozzarella and lime yoghurt. Generous breast pieces though in a zesty lime aioli along with crunchy cashew pieces. It was a really nice combination.

44322_417515171667175_251346858_n

Something entirely delightful about enjoying pizza with friends along with a glass of chilled white wine looking out over Claisebrook Cove. And sure I may have felt slightly guilty while I watched a group of runners do a loop around the cove, but hey I can always run tomorrow – Cheers :)

582754_417514595000566_609759891_n

The Royal on the Waterfront on Urbanspoon

Tags: , , ,

Categories: Bar, Bistro, Family, Hotel, Modern Australian, Pizza, Pubs, Reviews

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

10 Comments on “The Royal on the Waterfront”

1. February 20, 2013 at 10:32 AM #

Wow how gorgeous are those Pizzas and what a lovely location that is. A must try :)

• February 20, 2013 at 10:33 AM #

They are pretty tasty and even on a balmy night there was a bit of breeze in the cove. Nice spot for a bite and a chat :)

• February 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM #

Yeah seems like a lovely location :) Perth is so beautiful isn’t it. We have some gorgeous locations.

• February 20, 2013 at 10:38 AM #

We are a spoilt bunch in the west :)

• February 20, 2013 at 10:40 AM #

yeah we are ;) I saw Burns Beach for the first time last weekend. I was taken aback by the beauty.

• February 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM #

I don’t know if I’ve ever actually seen Burns beach, but I do concur that the beaches here are very pretty :)

• February 20, 2013 at 10:41 AM #

You must drive down there once. It is a beauty.

2. February 21, 2013 at 4:55 PM #

Yuuuum! Your making me hungry :)

3. April 3, 2013 at 6:36 PM #

wow!! what a great combination,, i love this pizza the most tastiest perth pizza

4. I was reading some of your blog posts on this website and I believe this internet site is very instructive! Keep putting up.