Roast Veggie Herby Quinoa Salad with Roast Chook – a nice easy dinner option and makes for a tasty lunch the next day if you have leftovers. Ingredients listed aren’t exact, just add more or less of what you prefer 🙂
And buy a chook!
- 1.5 cups of quinoa
- 1 tablespoon Vegeta
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 beetroot
- Italian Mixed Herbs
- 1 large lemon
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- English Spinach
- Spring Onions
- Red Capsicum
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Peel and dice the sweet potato and beetroot into small cubes. Pop into a lidded container along with a splash of olive oil, salt, pepper and a sprinkle of Italian mixed herbs, put the lid on and shake, shake, shake to coat. I also added a few chilli flakes for a little more heat.
- Arrange on a tray and place in oven until veggies are roasted, ~20mins
- Fill a medium sized pot with water and bring to the boil. Add in some Vegeta then add the quinoa. Takes around 15 minutes or so and then drain.
- Cut haloumi into small cubes and brown in hot frying pan
- Grab a large bowl.
- Cut red capsicum into cubed pieces, cut spring onions into small discs, finely dice herbs (the more herbs the merrier) and pop in the large bowl along with the English spinach.
- When the haloumi is ready, pop that into bowl, along with the roasted veggies, cooked quinoa then splash on a generous swirl of olive oil, the juice of one lemon and a bit more salt and pepper and thoroughly combine.
- Salad is now ready to roll. Make life easy and buy a roast chook and tear large pieces of chook on top.
- Dinner time!