I am currently addicted to sausage rolls, just can’t get enough. I love puff pastry and I love that you can get creative with the fillings from batch to batch.
One of my favourite recipes at the moment is for Pork, Apple and Thyme Sausage Rolls and here’s the recipe I use:
Good pork sausages (8-12 depending on the size)
2 Granny Smith Apples
Thyme (a big ol bunch)
Salt and Pepper
- Puff Pastry
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Grab a large bowl and smush the filling of the sausages out of their skins and into the bowl
- Grate in one or two Granny Smith apples into the bowl
- Throw in plenty of fresh thyme leaves (like the more the merrier), add some salt and pepper and an egg and then get hands on and mix filling all together.
- Then wrap in puff pastry and brush with egg to make them golden and sprinkle of sesame seeds if you are feeling fancy.
- Cook in a moderate oven for around 15-20mins
In case you haven’t made sausage rolls before here is a quick pic I drew for a friend:
And here are a few finished product photos, because I just love sausage rolls 🙂