It is delightful on the weekend to have a little extra time to cook up one of your favourite creamy pasta recipes! My favourite herbs are basil and thyme and I always welcome any opportunity to cook with either. This recipe has plenty of thyme in it, teamed up with leek, lemon and a plentiful sprinkle of black pepper. I find the lemon helps to cut through some of the richness of the creamy sauce, makes it slightly lighter, which is a plus as it generally means you have room for more pasta 🙂
- 500g Golden Ravioli Chicken and Spinach Agnolotti
- 1 leek, sliced into thin rings
- 50g butter
- 1 cup of cream
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh thyme (plus extra or garnish)
- Rock Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Get your biggest pot and fill it ¾ with water and bring it to the boil. When boiling sprinkle in some salt. Following the instructions on the bag, the pasta takes 20-25 minutes to cook, so go go go!
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan on a low heat until it bubbles
- Add leek and stir gently through the butter until the leek softens
- Crack in black pepper, fresh thyme, a little salt and the lemon juice and zest. Simmer very gently.
- When the pasta is nearly ready, take a large spoon and add two spoonfuls of pasta water into the sauce pan and stir, just to thin the sauce slightly.
- Test a piece of agnolotti and when it’s ready, drain your pasta and carefully add the agnolotti into your pasta sauce pot and gently stir to coat all pasta pieces in the sauce.
- Grab your favourite bowls, because it is serving time!
- Fill your bowl with some of the agnolotti, then top with some grated parmesan cheese, a little more cracked black pepper and salt and a sprinkling of thyme.
- Time to eat!